“We believe that by choosing the right markets, and taking a long-term approach, multifamily assets can serve as a stabilizing force in an investor’s portfolio during a time of global turbulence.” -Neil Schimmel, IMG’s Founder-CEO
Investors Management Group (“IMG”) offers accredited investors the ability to place $25,000 or more in a sponsored commercial real estate investment. Our unique Tenant-In-Common ownership structure allows us to accommodate 1031 exchanges and Self-Directed IRA investments.
As an experienced Sponsor, IMG:
- finds the investment property;
- assembles the investor capital and financing to acquire the property;
- oversees all aspects of due diligence for our investor group;
- handles the daily operations and management of the property;
- manages distributions of cash flow and/or proceeds to our investor group;
- communicates asset performance reports to our investor group throughout the ownership period;
- arranges for the sale of the property.
Our investors enjoy this “hands-off” ownership experience. Detailed property performance reports, personal investment information and annual tax forms are all accessible through the IMG online investor portal.
Our Track Record
We’ve directed $1.6B in transactions since 2010 that have generated attractive returns to our accredited individual, family office and joint venture investor partners.
- Case Study: 168 Units – Seattle Metro
- Case Study: 200 Units – Tampa Metro
- Case Study: 186 Units – Denver Metro
- Case Study: 179 Units – Seattle Metro
Our IPA™ Investment Strategy
We use a strict IPA™ multifamily acquisition philosophy: buy Intrinsic value at an attractive Price per pound in dynamic locations that are Affordable for renters. This strategy has proven successful in yielding high, risk-adjusted returns in the shortest period of time.
Intrinsic values we look for in our investment locations:
- Population growth (Above-average net in-migration)
- High job gains, Low unemployment rates
- Increasing rent trends
- Strong supply absorption rates
- Quality lifestyle factors to support renter demographic
- Healthy local/regional economic climate
- Proven public commitment to city infrastructure
Property Type: Commercial/Multifamily
Property Size: 100 – 350+ Units
Class: A- to B- properties
Transaction Size: $25 Million to $60 Million
Targeted Metros: Portland Oregon; Seattle-Tacoma Washington; Denver Colorado; Atlanta Georgia; Charlotte & Raleigh North Carolina; South Florida; South Texas
Typical Deal Structure
Targeted Returns with a 5-year Hold:
- Average annual cash yield: 6.0% – 8.0%
- Equity multiple: 1.85x – 2.5x
- IRR: 13.5% – 15.0%
What does it mean to be an accredited investor?
To be an “accredited” investor requires a minimum income and/or net wealth as defined by Federal Securities laws.
Check out this Investor Bulletin issued by the SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Advocacy explaining the different ways you may qualify and how to calculate your net worth.
The Investors Management Group platform and sponsored acquisitions are based on long-term relationships of trust and transparent, objective data. We are honored that 87% of our syndicated equity comes from repeat investors.
To learn more about growing equity in multifamily real estate investments, contact Dave Mikkelsen at (747) 262-5600 ext. 652.
All offers and sales of any securities will be made only to Accredited Investors through a Confidential Private Placement Memorandum and any exhibits and attachments thereto (collectively, the “PPM”). Past performance of IMG-sponsored investments may not be indicative of future results.